Personal Trainers are in-demand! If you are passionate about fitness and living a healthy lifestyle and desire to turn that into a rewarding career, Health and Fitness Alliance can help get you there!
HFA offers courses at the HFA Training Center 5376 Grimmer Street in Burnaby, B.C..
In order to be a certified Personal Trainer, there are a few courses that you need to take in a specific sequential order:
- Fitness Theory Course
- First Aid & CPR
- Weight Training Course
- Weight Training ICE
- 20 Program Plans
- Personal Training Course
A practical course (32 hours) designed to give experienced weight training instructors advanced theoretical and practical training in biomechanics, exercise physiology, program design, exercise analysis, teaching, goal setting, management of the fitness training business and case study analysis.
In this course you will learn:
- Structure and Function of the Muscular, Nervous, and Skeletal Systems
- Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
- Resistance Training Adaptations
- Aerobic Training Adaptations
- Nutrition in the Personal Training Setting
- Exercise Psychology for the Personal Trainer
- Client Consultation and Health Appraisal
- Fitness Assessment Selection and Administration
- Fitness Testing Protocols and Norms
- Flexibility, Body-Weight, and Stability Ball Exercises
- Resistance Training Exercise Techniques
- Cardiovascular Activity Techniques
- Resistance Training Program Design
- Aerobic Endurance Training Program Design
- Plyometric and Speed Training
- Clients Who are Pregnant, Older, or Preadolescent
- Clients With Nutritional and Metabolic Concerns
- Clients With Cardiovascular and Respiratory Conditions
- Clients With Orthopedic, Injury, and Rehabilitation Concerns
- Clients With Spinal Cord Injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, and Cerebral Palsy
- Resistance Training for Clients Who Are Athletes
- Facility and Equipment Layout and Maintenance
- Legal Issues in Personal Training
Upon completion of the course you will receive an attractive, professional certificate which officiates the completion of your personal training course. This certificate is colour laser printed on quality paper and will not fade or smudge. You may proudly hang this certificate on your wall! Please note that there is a $10.00 + HST administration fee for re-issuing certificates should you lose your first issuance.
Andrew Heming, TFL
Silvia Isachsen, TFL
HFA Training Center
5376 Grimmer Street
The following quotes are from actual course feedback forms.
"The information covered was very helpful and instruction was very good".
"The instructor answered questions effectively and encouraged questions".
"Glad I took this course with HFA".
"My favorite part was the practical portion learning in the gym".
"Very enjoyable, good instructors".
"Instructor had lots of energy & knowledge".
"Well organized and well presented".